Monday, November 7, 2011

How to Save a Table

The 'Before' Picture
One of Pooch the Menace's more endearing qualities is that he has an affinity for chewing Target tables.  I'm currently on my second set of black painted plywood furniture.

At least they are from Target, meaning they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Despite their inexpensive quality, I happen to really like the tables Raleigh chewed. So, this weekend I set out on a mission to rescue them from their impending dumpster diving fate.

Introducing, the best arts & crafts tool known to man: mod podge. You can fix just about anything with mod podge.

What you need:

  1. Mod Podge, the gloss-lustre kind, not the matte kind
  2. A sponge brush
  3. Pictures
Slather mod podge on the back of one picture at a time and place it onto the table in your desired location. Then slather more of the white goop on top of the picture to make it shiny and secure. Continue this process until the entire table is covered making sure to use extra mod podge over the chewed area. 


Here are the results! 





2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm Jenn and found your blog via the Support Military Spouses Blogger thing (I don't know what it's ACTUALLY called- lol). So glad to hear that you're taking the year deployment to do something for YOU and in the end it can only better your relationship.
    I'm an Army wife and my husband will be deploying in September and I don't think I'm nearly as "ok" with it as you seem to be. But I've got a little more time to get there, right??? :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,
    Thanks for the comment! The pictures of your little guy are super cute! Trust me, I sound much better on paper than I actually am. But no one ever said love was easy :) The best tip I can give you is stay really really busy and reach out to other military spouses. They all know the drill. I have been shocked at how many things I have told my girlfriends who are spouses and their reactions are "oh ya, mine did/said that too."
    Good luck! I'll stay tuned to your blog.

    ReplyDelete