Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Did I Mention I Love You?

Today, I used my lunch break to mail my first boxes to Greg, ate an entire chocolate bar upon my return and wrote the following email.

Baby I love you! And to prove it, I'm going to tell you about my 
wonderful experience mailing your boxes. Yes there is an -es at the

end of box because I had to mail 2 to fit all the crap I am sending
you! I hope you enjoy! Did I mention I love you? I do. I would only do
this for you!

Before I went to the post office I made a long list of every item I
was sending just because I knew I would need to fill out the customs
form in detail. I stuffed the pillow into the largest box and realized
it took up the whole thing! So, I grabbed another equally large box and
put everything else in that one. Did I mention I love you? I do. I
would only do this for you!

When I got to the counter, I realized I had used the non-flat rate
boxes. So, the very nice Counter Lady helped me undo both
boxes and repack them. Unfortunately, the pillow was too big for any of
the flat rate boxes and will cost quite the pretty penny to ship. Did I
mention I love you? I do. I would only do this for you!

So Counter Lady and I finally organized all your items into two boxes:
one very expensive one and one flat rate box for $12 with military
discount (she let me use it because the box was going to an APO. :) Such a
very sweet lady, I think once upon a time she was either a military
kid or military spouse, I could tell by the way she smiled and knew
exactly what was going on). Did I mention I love you? I do. I would
only do this for you!

Then we breached the customs forms. I quickly realized that the forms
are just simple summaries of what is in the box and not itemized
biographies (heh) so I did all that work for nothing! At least it kept
me busy. Did I mention that I love you? I do. I would only do
this for you!

Counter Lady taped up the boxes, put the labels on and totaled up the
bill. Ouch! Did I mention I love you? I do. I would only do this for
you!

Anyway, your boxes are on their way so keep a lookout in the next week
or so. I love you baby and I hope this brings some humor to your day.

Thinking of you! XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOX

All My Love,
Mel

That pretty much sums up my day. And I found a how-to guide on making glittery shoes which I CANNOT WAIT to do this weekend. Go sparkles!

P.S. Please join me in wishing Greg's incredible mom a very happy birthday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment