Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If You Don't Have Something Nice To Say, Don't Say Anything at All

I've been toying all day with whether or not to publish a pretty personal post. The problem is that it's not just MY personal laundry. In the end I decided not to post it but I do have a new bloggy rule for you.

New bloggy rule: When it's not completely your story to share and it's not a 'happily ever after' tale, don't  blog about it.

So instead, I will be entertaining you with a music video that really struck home today and pictures of Princess Cat enjoying her one day a week of being the only fur-child in the house. That is until The Ra comes home from daycare and resumes slowly destroying poor Princess Cat's once-perfect life.
 

This song came on the radio today while I was hemming and hawing about the unpublished post. All I hear in this song is Greg teaching me sense in the middle of one of our infamous conversations involving me stressing over something trivial. Like the song, real-life Greg tells me, in broken record form, to stop being ridiculous over whatever it is I'm on about and remember how much he loves me...even if I am crazy.

That's one of the many things I love about my boyfriend, he keeps me grounded. Even when he's not here he can still bring me back down to Earth.

And 'little voice in the back of my head Greg' is right: 1) I shouldn't be getting all worked up about a silly post; the blog is supposed to be fun and 2) If I'm worried about publishing the post then I probably shouldn't be posting it. In other words, 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

Thanks babe, you always know what to say :).

I am, however, going to include the lesson of the day from my unpublished post. Why? Because I like it and I think it's a good lesson. How I came to learn the lesson is irrelevant as long as I arrived at the right answer. And I think I did.

Today's lesson: He loves me and misses me the same as I love and miss him. I just have more time and freedom to think about it than he does. It is precisely because of what he does that I have both these things that he lacks.


Thank you Greg, and every service member, for fighting to keep us safe and free. May your loved ones have the strength to support you always and may you have the strength to forgive them for moments of weakness, no matter how drawn out or fleeting they may be.

And now, here are those wonderful Princess Cat pictures I promised that you have been waiting for so patiently while I rambled on. Enjoy!


Princess tried for several minutes to drag her favorite toy over the gate and into the living room where I was sitting so I would play with her.

It took me a while to realize what she was doing and why she was meowing like Raleigh ate her food but when I finally saw, I of course took a picture before doing anything helpful.



Princess Cat, now out in the living room, Raleigh free, playing attack the feather as I swing it around like I am having muscle spasms. This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment