Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ATTENTION: Your allotted moping time has now ended!

My allotted moping time has now ended. I have allowed myself two full days to cry, eat ice cream, wallow in self pity, eat some more ice cream and just generally mope around. But that time ended when I woke up this morning and began my day, this brand new day. 

I miss Greg terribly and I think about him constantly, but that does not mean I can waste my life feeling sorry for myself and fretting over something that I cannot change. Instead, every time his face enters my mind (that is to say that it ever leaves, which it really doesn't!), I smile knowing that he loves me just as much as I love him. And I send him a little piece of my heart, hoping that maybe he will feel the warm glow of positive thoughts directed his way, giving him the strength he needs to keep on going.  

So, with my moping officially over, today was my first day of loving myself. 

I woke up this morning way too early and stayed in bed for a while just thinking about all of the work I needed to get through. Oh well, hard work is good for the soul...or something like that. We got ready (when I say we, I mean myself, my pooch and the cat) and I took Raleigh to daycare. No Raleigh is not a child, Raleigh is in fact the dog. Yes, my dog goes to daycare and yes I know he's spoiled. 

Today I took my first solitary lunch break that did not include Skyping with Greg. Instead, I devoted my time to me, doing two things I love simultaneously: reading my book and eating sushi. It's actually harder than you would think to do both at once, but I did it.

And this evening, I traded my kickboxing class for yoga because I think that's what my body needed. 

Today's lesson: stay true to yourself and try not to waste too much time wishing you could change things that are out of your control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment